Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christianmas Eve-Eve

It's not so much that I want to be right about this, it's just that I know my family. Things have of course descended into chaos as we inch our way towards Christianmas.

My brother and I are very different. Different to the point that we just don't get along. In fact, most people are surprised to hear that I have a brother. We all know that I can be offensive, but it's usually in a fun comical way that doesn't really do any harm. My brother is offensive in a way that is totally opposite: He has no tact. I made a white trash joke based on the type of beer that I drink, he then proceeded to take it to the next level. I can't recall exactly what he said, but something about trailer trash. He is the one person that always says the thing that sends you off the edge.

If you're one of those that has been following my blog from the beginning then you know that I love to dwell. I will obsess over small things to the point of driving myself and everyone else nuts. This is not just some adorable trait that I've come by on my own, this happens to be something that I've adopted. My mother is exactly the same. After my brother made the comment she was ready to knock him out.

Things escalated with spilled drinks and broken glasses. The fighting continued to the point that I ended up making half of dinner to get away. Things calmed down after my brother finally went away. While talking to my mother afterwards she commented on not meaning to ruin my visit. I only come out here once a year for a few days, it should be all fun and games. I told her she was ruining my visit and to let it go.

It's now Christianmas eve and I seem to have caught the attitude. Aside from the nosebleed that I enjoyed this morning, I may be catching a cold. Everyone here smokes, so I can't tell if my sinuses are freaking out from that or if I'm getting sick.

The big day is tomorrow and never have we had a holiday without a problem. Let's see if this year's different.

No comments:

Post a Comment